.

ruminations on sports and other complexities of the universe

--from Eric and Adam

April 6, 2011

Flicks to Click: The Introduction

I’ve co-authored a couple posts since then, but I haven’t written a post on my own since February.  All I can say is that since football let out, nothing in the sports world inspired me to write.  Even after attending four games of the WCHA Final Five tournament, the words didn’t come.

Something hit me this past weekend though.

The three things I’m most passionate about are music, sports, and movies.  Adam blended two of those passions already with Hoops and Hip-Hop.  Inspiration called me to combine another pair.

In the coming weeks I will write a series of posts ranking my favorite sports movies by sport.  I’ll try to give you a top-5 in each sport, but there are some in which I haven’t seen five movies.  Past the top-5, flicks will go in one of two categories: Honorable Mention or Off.  Honorable Mentions are the movies considered for the top-5 that didn’t make the cut.  If it’s Off, it was never under consideration, or in other words, I pretty much hated it.  Thus, all the movies I’ve seen in that sport will be listed so you, the reader, can tell me what I’m missing out on.  As an added bonus, I give you permission to tell me just how wrong my rankings are.

I’m looking forward to the discussion.  Don’t let me down.

--from Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment